Thursday, January 31, 2013

What Not To Wear

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The only thing I love more than clothes is...  books about clothes!

Froggy Gets Dressed by Jonathan London
Rambunctious Froggy hops out into the snow for a winter frolic but is called back by his mother to put on some necessary articles of clothing.



Too Purpley! by Jean Reidy
A young girl rejects many outfits before finding the perfect clothes to wear.




Animals Should Definitely Not Wear Clothing by Judi Barrett
Pictures of animals wearing clothes show why this would be a ridiculous custom for them to adopt.



Action Rhyme:
Red, red is the color I see!
If you're wearing red, then show it to me!
Stand up, take a bow, run around
Then sit right back down on the ground!
(Additional colors: blue, black, brown, purple, pink, white, green, orange, etc.)

Song:  "I'm Going to Take a Sweater" (Tune:  Jolly Good Fellow)
I'm going to take a sweater, I'm going to take a sweater
I'm going to take a sweater...
When I go out today!
(Additional verses:  rain boots, sunglasses, umbrella, mittens, jacket)

Story Time Craft:  Clothes Line!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment