Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I'm Still Hungry!

Wednesday, January 16, 2012

This morning, Miss Tiffany visited us from the Children's Museum!  She had some really fun activities for us, including a fishing expedition, shaving cream ABC's and What's in the Bag?

This afternoon, we worked up an appetite reading some books about one of my favorite things:  FOOD!  We looked at...

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
Follows the progress of a hungry little caterpillar as he eats his way through a varied and very large quantity of food until, full at last, he forms a cocoon around himself and goes to sleep.

Don't Forget the Bacon by Pat Hutchins
A little boy goes grocery shopping for his mother and tries hard to remember her instructions.


Jamberry by Bruce Degen
A little boy walking in the forest meets a big lovable bear that takes him on a delicious berry-picking adventure in the magical world of Berryland.



Today's Fingerplays:


Ten Red Apples
 
Ten red apples growing on a tree

Five for you and five for me

Help me shake the tree just so

And ten red apples fall down below

One, two, three, four, five

Six, seven, eight, nine, ten!

 
Making Fruit Treats
 
I am an apple growing on a tree

If you want some applesauce, just cook me

I am a grape growing on a vine

If you want some grape juice, smoosh me fine

I am a strawberry growing on the ground

If you want some jam, mash me around

I am on orange growing on a tree

If you want some orange juice, just squeeze me

These are the Very Hungry Caterpillars we made today!
Craft Time is the BEST!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment