Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The EYES Have It!

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Rooster's Off to See the World by Eric Carle
A simple introduction to the meaning of numbers and sets as a rooster, on his way to see the world, is joined by fourteen animals along the way.









"My Windows" Action Rhyme:
In my house are windows two, shining clear and bright.
I can drop the curtains down, shutting out the light.
Open, shut them, open, shut them; now 'tis dark, no light.
I can see your windows too, letting in the light.

A Closer Look by Mary McCarthy
Detailed collage illustrations accompanied by simple text present expanding views of familiar objects in nature, such as a bug and a flower.








"My Eyes" Action Rhyme:
Here are my eyes, one and two
I give a wink, so can you.
When they are open, I see the light
When they are closed, it's dark like night!


Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.
Illustrations and rhyming text present ten different endangered animals.









All the better to SEE you with -- at craft time!



No comments:

Post a Comment