Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Imagine...

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Pretending is one of my favorite things to do, so today all of our books were about using your IMAGINATION!

Monkey and Me by Emily Gravett
A little girl and her toy monkey go on a series of adventures to see many different animals!



Higher!  Higher! by Leslie Patricelli
Swinging is a lot of fun, especially when you use your imagination to fly higher...  And higher...  And higher...



Ten Black Dots by Donald Crews
A counting book which shows what can be done with ten black dots--one can make a sun, two a fox's eyes, or eight the wheels of a train.



"I'm a Little Teapot" Action Song:

I'm a little teapot, short and stout
Here is my handle, here is my spout
When I get all steamed up, here me shout
Tip me over, and pour me out!


"If You're a Monster and You Know It" Action Song:

If you're a monster and you know it wave your arms
If you're a monster and you know it wave your arms
If you're a monster and you know it, then your arms will surely show it
If you're a monster and you know it, wave your arms

... show your claws

... stomp your feet

... do all three!
We used our imaginations and ten black dots to create pictures! 
Miss Dinah made this polka dot shoe, while the kids made eyes in the dark,
ghosts, lady bugs, choo-choo trains, flowers, and many more works of original "ten dot" art.

No comments:

Post a Comment