Wednesday, November 19, 2014

We the Kids

November 19, 2014

It's citizenship month!  I am so proud to be a citizen of Houston, where I have the opportunity to meet many different kinds of people.  Today, we read books that explore diversity and remind us that while we may look different, we are all valuable and deserving of respect.

I Like Myself! by Karen Beaumont
High on energy and imagination, this ode to self-esteem encourages kids to appreciate everything about themselves -- inside and out.  Messy hair?  Beaver breath?  So what!  Here's a little girl who knows what really matters.







It's Okay to Be Different by Todd Parr
Missing a few teeth?  Got wheels?  Or a different nose?  No problem!  Everyone is unique in their own way.









For the craft today, we made this awesome diversity paper doll chain!

The quote reads, "When I see you through my eyes, I think that we are different.
When I see you through my heart, I know we are the same."  -- Doe Zantamata


No comments:

Post a Comment