Saturday, September 21, 2013

Ahoy, Matey!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

In honor of Talk Like a Pirate Day on September 19th, we read some scurvy pirate books!

"If You're a Pirate and You Know It" Action Song:
If you're a pirate and you know it, swab the deck (swish, swish)
If you're a pirate and you know it, swab the deck (swish, swish)
If you're a pirate and you know it, then you'll hear the sea winds blowin'
If you're a pirate and you know it, swab the deck (swish, swish)

Additional verses--
walk the plank (stomp, stomp)
shout, "Ahoy!"
do all three

*Thank you to Elizabeth Moreau Nicolai at the Born Librarian blog for the lyrics!

How I Became a Pirate by Melinda Long
Jeremy Jacob joins Braid Beard and his pirate crew and finds out about pirate language, pirate manners, and other aspects of their life.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"The Day I Went to Sea" Action Song:
When I was one, I sucked my thumb
The day I went to sea.
I jumped aboard a pirate ship,
And the captain said to me:
We're going this way
And that way
And forward
And backward
Across the deep blue sea!
 
Additional verses--
When I was two, I tied my shoe...
When I was three, I scraped my knee...
When I was four, I shut the door...
When I was five, I learned to dive...


A Pirate's Twelve Days of Christmas by Philip Yates
This rhyming book offers a witty re-imagining of "The Twelve Days of Christmas"--with a sly buccaneer twist.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Every little pirate needs a parrot as a pet...
Ca-caw!  It's craft time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment