Wednesday, June 19, 2013

March of the Penguins

Wednesday, June 16, 2013

A Sick Day For Amos McGee by Philip C. Stead
Amos McGee, a friendly zookeeper, always made time to visit his good friends: the elephant, the tortoise, the penguin, the rhinoceros, and the owl. But one day--'Ah-choo!'--he woke with the sniffles and the sneezes. Though he didn't make it into the zoo that day, he did receive some unexpected guests.


"Two Little Penguins" Fingerplay:
Two little penguins sitting on the ice
One bows once, the other bows twice
Waddle, little penguins, waddle away
Come back penguins; time to play!

If You Were a Penguin by Wendell and Florence Minor
Pictures and rhyming text present some of the many extraordinary things penguins can do!  Introduces different kinds of penguins and fun facts about penguins.



"I'm a Little Penguin" Action Song:
Sung to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot"
I'm a little penguin in the sea
I can swim as fast as can be
When I catch a fish just look at me
I'm as proud as I can be!

Tacky the Penguin by Helen Lester
Tacky the penguin does not fit in with his sleek and graceful companions, but his odd behavior comes in handy when hunters come with maps and traps.



Penguin Puppets for Craft Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment