Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cookie

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Today I put on my apron to read some very tasty storybooks about...  cookies!  Is anyone else getting hungry?

Who Ate All the Cookie Dough? by Karen Beaumont
Kanga and her friends try to discover who ate all her cookie dough.
When You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff
Ever wonder what other requests a mouse is likely to make after you oblige him with a cookie?
The Cow Loves Cookies by Karma Wilson
While all the other animals on the farm enjoy eating their regular food, the cow chooses to eat the one thing that she loves best.



Big Cookie Fingerplay:
I am a great big cookie (circle hands over head)
Chocolately and round, (extend hands to sides)
Filled with lots of chocolate chips, (point to self in a few places)
The best that can be found. (rub tummy)
I am a great big cookie, (circle hands over head)
Take a bite of me.  (pretend to take a bite)
Tasty, sweet, delicious, (extend hands to sides)
I'm oh-so-yummy! (rub tummy)
I WAS a great big cookie, (circle hands over head)
The very best around. (extend hands to sides)
Now there's nothing left of me, (shake head)
Just crumbs upon the ground. (sit down)


Making Cookies Fingerplay:
I am making cookie dough, (point to self)
Round and round the beaters go (mover hands in circles)
Add some flour from a cup, (pretend to pour)
Stir and mix the batter up. (pretend to stir)
Roll them, cut them, nice and neat, (pretend to roll out dough)
Put them on a cookie sheet. (pretend to transfer cookies)
Bake them, count them, one, two, three, (pretend to count cookies)
Then serve them to my friends for tea. (pretend to pass cookies around)




It was fun to make our very own chocolate chip cookie
refrigerator magnet at craft time!

No comments:

Post a Comment